Russian Chess Federation would like to inform you on visa support issue.
1. Participants/FIDE Principals and Officials
There are three categories of visitors in accordance with the countries of their origin:
1. The countries whose citizens don't need visas for the period of the championship are: Argentina, Cuba, Peru, Turkey, Ukraine, Armenia and Kazakhstan;
2. The countries whose citizens will receive personal official invitations* from the RCF to apply for visas are: Bulgaria, Hungary, Egypt, China, Lithuania, Poland, Slovenia, USA, France, Sweden. Please note that the participants who will receive RCF personal official invitations will still have to present requested documents and pay all the necessary fines when applying for visas;
3. The countries whose citizens need reference numbers** to apply for visas are: Australia, Algeria, Bangladesh, Vietnam, India, Indonesia, Canada, Qatar, Great Britain (Scotland) and Georgia (please take into account that the procedure for the Georgia' players can take a bit longer due to absence of diplomatic relations between Russia and Georgia).
* and ** In order to arrange personal official invitations or reference numbers RCF needs the following information from the participants from above-mentioned countries: Passport scans;
Information on where exactly the participants will be applying for visas.
2. Accompanying persons/Journalists/Others